Machine Shop Safety Quick Links
- Is the direction of the saw rotation conspicuously marked on the hood?
- Is a permanent label not less than 1 ½ inches by ¾ inch affixed to the rear of the guard at approximately the level of the arbor?
- Does the permanent label read: “Danger: Do Not Rip or Plough From This End"?
- Is the blade properly guarded? See picture - missing blade guard.
- Are radial arm saws so arranged that the cutting head will gently return to the back of the table when released? See picture - no automatic return.
Always follow manufacturer's instructions and recommendations for safe and proper use.
Robin McCall-Miller, Occupational Safety Program Manager
- Call: 540-231-2341
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org